Security Services is a unit of the University Police Department that employs non-commissioned security officers in order to enhance campus safety. The Security Officers lock assigned buildings on schedule and then check campus to insure other doors are locked. They also provide safety escorts, respond to fire alarms, motorist assistance, and aid police officers as directed.
The Bobcat Bobbies are a team of student workers that are hired, trained, and equipped by Security Services. The Bobcat Bobbies are in radio contact with the police department and provide the majority of on campus safety escorts from dusk till 1:00 am. For more information on the Bobcat Bobbies or other specific Security Service programs follow the provided links.
To request an on campus safety escort between dusk and dawn call: 512-245-SAFE (7233)
- Never walk alone (Safety Escort)
- Walk in groups of three or more in well-lit, populated areas
- Let some know where you are going and when you will return.
- Use TX State Alerts: Sign up at https://www.getrave.com/login/txstate
- If you have a cell phone, carry it. Call 911 for emergencies
- Save the University Police phone number (512.245.2805)
- Park your vehicle in well-lit areas.
- Have your car keys ready before you get to the door.
- Lock your car and place valuables in your trunk.
- Walk with your head up, making eye contact.
- Trust your instincts. If it seems dangerous call 911.