Start your career with the University Police
The Police Department began it's journey in 1968 when it became a fully recognized police department and has grown over the years since. Our agency offers experience in the Patrol Division, Criminal Investigations, Crime Prevention and of course Command Staffing.
Our officers have the ability to apply with the department to take college credit classes while employed and offer both in-house and outside continuing education for your peace officers license. We have benefits which are though the Teachers Retirement System and include health, vision and dental plans as various options.
Starting Annual Salary for a Police Officer $46,000
- Be a U.S. Citizen, by birth or naturalization
- 21 years old
- TCOLE Certified
- 60 college credit hours or an Associate’s Degree
- Be a driver in good standing (A driving record check will be performed on selected applicants)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Work flexible hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to pass a Physical Assessment Test
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- No convictions of a class B or higher misdemeanor or its equivalent
Link shows all positions available at the Police Department
Link to: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=&query_v0_posted_at_date=&query_position_type_id=&435=&query_organizational_tier_3_id=1148&commit=Search