Texas State monitors local weather and warns the university community if the campus environment becomes unsafe.
Severe Weather Closures or Cancellations Announcements
- Safety and Emergency Communications Page
- The University Homepage
- Email from the University News Service or the University Police Department to all students, faculty and staff.
- Messages recorded on the university news hotline at 512.245.2424.
- Voicemail messages sent to all campus telephones.
- Local media announcements.
- Texas State weather emergency siren system.
Texas State Weather Warning System
Texas State University uses a lightning prediction warning system. The system uses a horn array and strobe-light warning mechanism to alert the campus of approaching weather systems that have the potential to produce dangerous lightning. If this occurs, the horn array will sound two times for 15 seconds and strobes will be activated throughout the alert.
If the Texas State weather warning system is activated, you are advised to seek shelter in the nearest available open building, away from windows, or in a low-lying area until the all-clear alarm has sounded. The all-clear alert will be three five-second sirens.
If the embedded weather forecast above isn’t working properly for you, please visit Forecast.io to see the detailed weather forecast for Texas State University.