Skip to Content

Lost and Found

I found some lost property, what do I do with it?

Please bring found property to the University Police Department: 615 North LBJ Drive (Nueces Building), San Marcos, TX 78666. Found property can be dropped off at any time.

I lost something. How do I report it?

For inquiries about lost property, please fill out the form below or contact us in person or by phone, 512.245.2805, during business hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

If you decide to fill out the form below, we will only contact you if your property is located. Please provide as much information as possible in the “detailed description” field.

  • Do not use this form to report lost or stolen university keys. Instead, please contact UPD at 512.245.2805 to make a report.
  • Do not use this form to report stolen property. If you’ve experienced theft or burglary on campus, please contact UPD at 512.245.2805 so that an officer can be dispatched to your location to make an offense report.
  • Do not submit multiple forms for the same property. This will cause your report to be deleted.

Lost and Found Policy

UPD’s Crime Prevention Unit manages found property and reports of lost property at the university.

The Crime Prevention Unit makes every effort to determine ownership of found property and to notify the owner. It is the owner’s responsibility to contact UPD if they have lost any property, and to pick up their property that has been located at the University Police Department. Property turned in to UPD is held for 120 days and then disposed of as outlined in University Policy and Procedure Statement No. 05.01.20.

File a Lost Property Report


Please note: Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk*.

Does the property belong to Texas State? *
Was it lost: *
If you have any technical issues with this form, please contact, including a description of the problem. If you have a question related to lost or found property, contact 512.245.2805.