- Starting Salary $48,000
- Employee’s medical insurance automatically covered at no cost
- Texas State contributes 50% of the premium for dependent health coverage
- $5,000 basic life and AD&D policy beginning on the first day
- Full-time employees earn 8 hours of sick leave each month
- Full-time employees earn 8 hours of vacation leave each month
- Up to 17 official holidays with pay each year
- Police officers receive $10 per month hazardous duty pay for each year of service
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS)
- Voluntary supplemental retirement savings plans
- Retiree health insurance benefits are available
- Eligibility for college-credit classes while employed
- In-house and external continuing education for peace officer license
- Incentive pay for education and certification level.
TXST Benefits Package
Texas State University values a diversity of people and ideas, a spirit of inclusiveness, a global perspective and a sense of community as essential conditions for campus life.